Monday, December 13, 2004

Christmas Coming Early

Noooo not like in The World Is Not Enough! Read on and ye shall find out.

After my post last week, I went to the snooker club, however there were no tables free so my brother and I played pool. The pockets were very big which partly explains the score of 8-6 (to me of course:-)). I was 6-1 up but it got a bit tedious after an hour or so. They are building a bowling alley on the end of the snooker club. Perhaps this will make Halifax a more interesting place for it's inhabitants however they are also supposed to be building one on the other side of town. Never knew bowling alleys were like buses!

On Friday, I had a very unproductive day at work as the remainder of the Christmas decorations were put up. The room does look very nice now and has a real Christmassy feel to it especially with the odd carol every now and again from colleagues. It is the Huddersfield Student Society Xmas dinner tomorrow night so hopefully this will give me a chance to get to know people a bit better.

On Friday lunchtime I'd heard news that Playstation 2 consoles were in stock at Game. I went straight to buy one leaving my tinge of guilt behind. It's good to have it back but it's tiny - no bigger than an A5 sheet of paper whereas the old one was as big as A4 and much thicker. This is my 3rd one as the other 2 broke so I guess it's like an orphaned little baby. (hmmm or not)

Back in March I entered a free fantasy formula 1 competition on the internet at Dreamracers.com and while I lost badly in the main game, I won the league for picking who would retire most during the season (without doing any transfers too which I'm quite proud of (bit sad but I don't care!)). I got an e-mail at the weekend saying that I had won some prizes. 2 expensive motorsport books, a scalextric set and Playstation 2 game (one which I already own but hey that's what eBay is for). This came as a nice surprise so it feels like Christmas has come early in the Toph household.

Watched plenty football this weekend but that will be reviewed in the next post. Posts seem to be getting longer don't they?!

1 Comments:

At Tue Dec 14, 07:17:00 pm 2004, Blogger Dozy Rosie said...

Yay! Scalectrix! We've not had ours (ok then, Joe's) out for years!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home