Sunday, August 19, 2007

Odd Quiz, More Shocks

I've not posted for a while as I haven't got a computer to myself at the moment and I've been lacking in inspiration. Work has been keeping me busy which is good and i've also signed up to start training again though in this respect i'm feeling a bit like a cat whose had seven of it's nine lives so maybe it's about time I passed something!

I went out in Huddersfield with Rob and Ann last Friday. I was late as I had to pick Phil up from Bradford as he'd been in Durham all week. That meant I felt I should start with a pint. Then Ann had some (semi)shock news for us so I had three more. I switched to SIs at this stage and had three of those and just successfully negotiated the steps at Livingstones when I met Lisa who I only seem to see when i'm really drunk and never rememeber what I say other than it was brief as I was leaving.

On Monday great things were expected as Bill was attending the quiz for the first time since New Years Day which was coincidentally the last time we won some money. However it was set by a different person from normal with the A-Z round being out of 25 as she forgot to do a J, the picture round being 20 models of old car (pre 1980's) with a mark each for make and model (9/40), the music round being classical pieces from adverts with a point each for the advert, the piece and the composer, and the general knowledge round being 19 one point questions and a 24 point question to finish. I think that led to us getting 79 out of 173 for 7th out of 10 but I was a bit bored by round 3! Anyway it was good to see Bill again and assuming there's no quick weddings beforehand I'll look forward to seeing him at Christmas.

I had a bad shock on Wednesday night and the funeral will be on Friday. Thanks to Tom and Steph for sorting my head out on Thursday.

Another shock, another beer as I was out on Thursday night with Kate (and her boyfriend Fish, friend Sean and his partner Gavin), Lucy (and her friend Becky), Shelley, Amanda, JJ and Caroline. I think that's everyone though I don't think Wetherspoons were too impressed at our furniture rearranging putting three tables together to fit us all on. Oh yeah I also saw Vicky briefly too which was nice. I only had a couple of pints folled by four SIs and lasted longer than anyone else working the following day but alas we didn't make it to Jaks with all the A Level results celebraters. We did go to The Plummet Line which is the only pub I haven't been in (that i'm aware of) in any guise at the top end of town.

I wasn't hungover for long on Friday morning but it was Joanna's leaving do in the evening so we went straight to HD One after work and had a couple more pints followed by several vodka and oranges. It's nice of people just to show their face at these things which a few people did and then the rest of us (being Jo, Sam, Chris N, Richard, Tom, Howard and me) stayed there til well past 10 o'clock and it was a good night.

Lucy and Dave came over to look at my house yesterday and to discuss my best man's speech which was exactly 14 months away. We came to the conclusion it needed planning and further investigation as although there are plenty stories, I may be limited on which ones I can use :-)

I'm supposed to be off work this week but I'm not as I'm . However I thought this might happen so I booked the week after off as backup so it's not too bad.

That's it - All caught up. I don't think i've ever done a post with as many mentions in before!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home