Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Off

Last weekend was somewhat cocked up by me having a mock exam on Saturday morning meaning no going out on Friday and no lie in on Saturday, making me tired. It seemed to go ok but haven't got the results yet. I then went to watch Hudderfield Town play Leyton Orient. We lost 1-0 but played very well on the whole. On Sunday the whole family went out for lunch at The Holiday Inn, Clifton for my grandmas birthday. The food was good and there was also an entertainer there doing card tricks and making things out of balloons. I got a flower, although it could also be a sword!

On Monday I worked my ass off all day and went to the quiz in the evening. We had a big team this week. I arrived first followed by Kate, JJ and Caroline. Soon after Rosie and Raff had come straight from Letchworth to join us and Rosie's dad came and brought Lottie and Peggy (dogs) with him. The team next to us gave up halfway through the second round so we enlisted their help for the music round. Despite all the help we still came 8th out of the 10 finishers with 89 out of 140.

Yesterday was a tough day at college doing exam questions non stop all day. I got 77 out of 125 which is pretty good I guess. I now have eight days off work to revise (a mixture of holiday, toilo, and study leave) and relax leaving work stress at work.

Today hasn't been hugely productive. I went to the doctors to sort my eyes out this morning. I think appointments start at 9:00 and mine was 9:40 but I didn't get in until 10:18. There was an annoying screaming kid in the waiting room called Kayden. Strange name I thought. It seems it's the rest of my face that's causing my eye problems so he gave me lots of stuff to try and sort it. Maybe it'll turn my really ugly mug back to just ugly in time for Christmas!

Then, I went to Tesco to stock up on things i'm running short on. There was an annoying kid near the soaps called Hermione. I guess the mother (or father) must be a Harry Potter fan. Another strange name I thought. Someone in front of me at the checkout managed seven bags of shopping in a basket which was impressive. I was impressed with my £4.38 saving on £11.25 of shopping.

Then I got my hair cut. It's shorter now. It looked rubbish long, as a few people have told me in the last couple of weeks. Thanks for that! I then bought some cards (Christmas and birthday) from the grumpy man and grumpy woman card shop although I did see the woman smile today which I haven't seen erm... ever in the five or so years i've been going there.

I've been watching tv and sort of started tidying up this afternoon. There's a lot of tidying up to do. Maybe i'll do that after Christmas except for the stuff that needs doing tomorrow. Then I figured I should do something useful so started writing this which isn't getting anything done at all. I'm going to post again tomorrow I think as tomorrow is a special day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home