Saturday, October 30, 2004

Birmingham

On Wednesday evening I went to football with David in Birmingham. It took us 3 and a half hours to get there so we missed the first 15 minutes. The game was very good. Birmingham should have won but don't have any strikers who looked like scoring. They lost 1-0 but it did take a good goal to win it as Andy Cole never looked like scoring (unsurprisingly). On the way home I saw Selfridges at The Bull Ring for the first time which is quite impressive. We got held up again for about an hour because someone was threatening to throw himself off a bridge in Derby. We were just sat stationary near the front of the queue which was really boring. I didn't get home until 1:00.

I've just watched Birmingham's next game at home to Crystal Palace where they dominated again but got caught on the break and Palace won 1-0. They seriously need to buy a striker in January after just 1 win in 18 premiership games. I blame Steve Bruce but then I would after what he did to Huddersfield Town a few years ago.

Palace look a hard side to beat and if they keep getting results like they did today they will show that they are serious about avoiding relegation.

1 Comments:

At Tue Nov 02, 06:59:00 pm 2004, Blogger Sarah S said...

Selfridges at the Bull ring is very impressive, however it is also very, very, very expensive. I went there over the summer with a friend from uni and we had great fun going round guessing the prices of things...I think my whole wardrobe costs a lot less than most of the clothes thet sell!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home