Monday, January 30, 2006

Bye Bye Business Management

Sorry for those waiting on tenterhooks for my exam result but as most people are now aware, I passed. Luck does not come into such things and it's quite annoying when I tell people I got 56% (needed 55%) and before saying "well done" they feel it's more appropriate to say something like "lucky git!" Anyway I'm very happy and in a perverse way looking forward to Business Finance in June. Also, well done to Eppy, Sarah B and Emily for passing Professional Stage.

In other news, I qualified for a big poker tournament on Friday (first prize about £2300) but was an ass and lost after 5 hands. Not to worry, the balance is still rising. My new wireless connection works with my brother's computer but not with laptops yet. It hasn't quite got to calling Ed stage though. The connection does not like the PS2 however so I fear my Pro Evolution Soccer 5 online career may be over. On a positive note I've just beaten my brother in our 18 match league for the first time since records began. This is good after 33 months of consecutive (usually heavy) defeats.

Dream Team is still close with my team now down to 72nd in the country but Jan Kromkamp has somewhat ruined my transfer plans so last minute tweaking was needed as Steve Finnan can no longer be assured of first team football.

2 Comments:

At Tue Jan 31, 04:47:00 pm 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Toph,

I read your blog very occationally because its linked from Ed's. I'm one of his sad TEC mates...

Just noticed that you are a poker person, which is kinda cool because I work for Poker Night Live on Sky 226. Don't suppose you're ever on any of our tables?

Good luck with your game,

Owen

 
At Tue Jan 31, 11:39:00 pm 2006, Blogger Toph said...

Hi Owen

I've seen 226 sometimes late at night but never actualy played on the tables. I normally only watch for any length of time after lots of alcohol - safer than playing!

Good channel though and keep up the good work.

Toph

 

Post a Comment

<< Home