Sunday, April 01, 2007

17, Borat, Facebook

I've been playing more on the new machine but have written enough about that. Kate, her mum, JJ, Caroline and I got 17 in each round at the quiz on Monday. Well, that's not quite true - we got 17 out of 26, 25 and 30 in the first three rounds then 10 out of 20 on the pictures and 24 out of 38 in general knowledge giving us 85 out of 139 and 4th out of 9 (though we were nearer 8th than 3rd). I didn't win anything this week either :-(

On Friday night Kate came round and we watched Borat (for full title please click the link) on DVD. It was funny but didn't want to be any longer as his silly humour only lasts so long so it's a good thing it's the shortest film I've ever seen!

It was my annual visit to the opticians yesterday and there was little change confirming my right eye is less blind than my left! I felt I did better than last year which was maybe due to me not going out and getting hammered the night before. So a tip to avoid glasses if you're on the borderline - stay sober and have a good night's sleep the night before your test and maybe you'll see more!

While watching cricket (Aussies thrashed Bangladesh) and losing at poker (twice to AA) I signed up to Facebook as three people have invited me to join. It's a bit like Friends Reunited but with more pictures and free. I seem to be among the oldest 20% on their which is quite scary. I've added a link to my profile in the sidebar replacing the bouncebackability petition as it was added to the dictionary over a year ago now. Nice work Lovejoy!

My laptop keeps crashing. Rubbish! Ed is coming home later in the week so hopefully he can continue to help to troubleshoot.

I've been gardening today. I cleaned my car and mowed the lawns for the first time which was quite difficult as they were long uneven and hilly, my dad weeded and Phil flew to Austria - typisch! He's gone to Zell Am See for two nights where Martin, Birgit, Rolf and two or three of their friends (which someone should post a comment about to let me know who they are) went in the Gute Reise textbooks. That was like half my life ago though - no wonder I can't remember!

1 Comments:

At Thu Apr 19, 10:06:00 pm 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think you'll find Stefan und Gabi make up your famous 5 who visited Zell Am Zee (very nice it is too, recommend it to anyone for a few days skiing)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home