Thursday, July 14, 2005

Terror, New Season, Batman Begins, Favourites Gone

Bombs exploded in London last week. I got worried about the people I know in London but thought it would be silly contacting them as we hardly sem to speak anymore. I then got more worried as I was driving through the gun crime capital of Leeds when they announced on the radio that the bombers were from Leeds. I did see a road cordoned off on my way home but I think that was because someone got stabbed. That was in Bradford. Travelling in slightly worrying surroundings at the moment.

The new football season started. Germany won the womens world cup ages ago. Didn't get round to watching much of it. Liverpool beat TNS 3-0 in the 1st qualifying round of the Champions League 05/06. I have already had a £5 bet with Paul that Huddersfield will finish above Bradford City this season!

I went to see Batman Begins with Kate and JJ last weekend. It dragged a bit but was good. Not as good as Bananaman for example.

"This is 29, Acacia Road. And this is Eric, the schoolboy who leads an exciting double life. For when Eric eats a banana, an amazing transformation occurs. Eric is Bananaman. Ever alert for the call to action."

One hour 20 minutes into the film and it becomes clear how Batman became Batman. Now you see how it dragged. We went to Pizza Hut afterwards and had chicken pizza. The only complaint was Kate saying the large pizza should be cut into 9 pieces rather than 8 when 3 people are sharing it. I explained the impracticalities of this and nothing was said to the staff. Maybe we should have complained, we could have got a great deal like Ed!

The dedicated among you will notice I haven't posted for a while. This is partly due to all my favourites having disappeared after the install of an update. I was not happy at all. So now things will never be the same again but when I get them back I will not have to be lazy again and type the site name in.

Feeling quite down at the moment. I have been working hard though and it has been too hot. The air conditioning was lovely today. Might be out a lot this weekend. I have written a 10 point list of things to do. Posting is number one however I don't think I'll get down to number 10 which is tidying my room. This is because watching lots of sport is at number 8 followed by play lots of PS2! A report on the weekend to come. Next task - getting my favourites back.

2 Comments:

At Sun Jul 17, 09:46:00 pm 2005, Blogger Dozy Rosie said...

Hope you enjoyed your nights out. From the sound of the texts I received they were pretty good! Hope you're feeling less down.

R

 
At Mon Jul 18, 06:31:00 pm 2005, Blogger Sarah S said...

Leeds/Bradford sounds like quite a scary place. Mind you its no better down here. The last week has made me very glad I don't have to commute into London each day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home